Tom Blue has dedicated most of the last 20 years to intensively researching and synthesizing new approaches to accelerate the application of emerging science and research in the day-to-day practice of primary care and personal health management. He is a healthcare entrepreneur with an impressive record of catalyzing innovative clinical and practice management businesses that service providers, payers, patients, and industry including:
• LeadHealth, the first employer health organization dedicated to utilizing Functional Medicine and chronic disease-focused bundled episodes of care to reduce healthcare costs for self-insured employers and health plans;
• LivingMatrix, the most widely used patient information management system by Functional Medicine practitioners;
• DestinyWell, a platform dedicated to advancing consumer health-autonomy with robust, expert-designed programs for achieving targeted health objectives; and
• Liberty Direct, the nation’s first ACA exempt, DPC-integrated medical cost-sharing program, (acquired by Liberty Healthshare in 2016).
In connection with this work, he was recognized by Forbes as one of the ten would-be signers of the Employers’ Declaration of Independence from health insurance.
Tom serves as the Director of Industry Strategy for The Institute for Functional Medicine, a member of the Leadership Council for the Personalize Lifestyle Medicine Institute, and for nearly ten years as the Executive Director and Chief Strategy Officer of the American Academy of Private Physicians, the national professional association for concierge and direct primary care (DPC) physicians.
He is as an active advisor and/or board member for many firms focused on healthcare transformation through lifestyle medicine, digital health technologies, and the integration of omic, lab, imaging, and other data sets to personalize healthcare.
• Charting the Course to Success in the Era of Personalized Nutrition: Integrative Medicine Clinicians Journal, 2019
• How to Package Functional Medicine for Widespread Adoption: Integrative Medicine Clinicians Journal, 2019
• Closing the (Translational) Gap: 2018 IFM Annual International Conference https://p.widencdn.net/ehnlkb/311_IFM_FxMed_Future_AIC2018may_produced
• The Future of Medicine: 2018 Lockton Companies, Annual Client Symposium
• The Future of Health: 2019 YPO Precision Health Summit